The Mumbai layover and Bangalore chapter


The Layover chapter
  • Having a 7-hour layover in Mumbai airport, vacillating between doing office work and Googling on my phone to see if there were any spas in the vicinity, all the while knowing that I was never going to actually go. 
  • Suddenly realizing that I hadn't had my customary Iced-Eskimo coffee in India and realizing that CCD at the airport was probably my last shot of getting it before I left the country
  • Connecting to the wireless at the airport and doing a little work while waiting for my Iced Eskimo and wait for it... Butter Chicken and Rice. Turns out CCD now does Indian food...no fun...it tasted like the Brit version of Butter Chicken.
  • Lounging on one of the lazy chairs at Mumbai airport for a good two hours and thinking that was the only time I was alone on my journey and that life was actually good.
  • Sending a long sentimental email to a friend leaving London
  • Buying a book for every journey that I took. Judy, I got yours at Bombay airport.


The Bangalore Chapter
  • Laughing at Pappachayan telling me that he was looking for a "bulky" girl at the airport and surprising Valsamamma at the airport.
  • Seeing Kocha and family and Tanya's kids for the first time
  • Visiting ALL the neighbours possible with Valsamamma
  • Spending the entire afternoon with Eleena, watching my lanky, only Cola guzzling-chocolate and energy bar-consuming cousin in action as a wonderful, ever capable mother of two
  • Chatting with Jaden and little Julianne till they fell asleep...little darlings that they are.
  • Meeting my dad's cousins, who came all the way to see me
  • Chatting till there was only an hour left for me to go to the airport and suddenly deciding to take a power nap on the couch

Comments

Popular Posts